Friday, July 15, 2011

My Movie Reviews: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II (2011)

Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe) in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part II

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part II (2011) is Part II of the closing chapter in the multimillion series Harry Potter. It covers Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger destroying Voldemort's last Horcuxes and the final battle between Voldemort and Harry Potter.

The Script was written by Steve Kloves and the film was directed by David Yates. The film is based on the book Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling. The film was released on July 15th, 2011.

THE CAST

Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter
Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley
Emma Watson as Hermione Granger
Ralph Fiennes as Lord Voldemort
Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange
Jason Isaacs as Lucius Malfoy
Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy
Alan Rickman as Severus Snape

SYNOPSIS

Voldemort's power is growing stronger. He now has control over the Ministry of Magic and Hogwarts. Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger decide to finish Dumbledore's work and find the rest of the Horcruxes to defeat the Dark Lord. It is up to the trio to find the Horcruxes and stop Voldemort once and for all.

TRAILER


MY THOUGHTS

Oh my gosh. As I anticipated, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was indeed an epic conclusion to the film series. I have to commend the graphic arts team that design the scenery and buildings. Although this was the film were Hogwarts gets blown up, it was amazing how realistic they made it. Again the acting was incredible as always (the entire Harry Potter cast can act their little butts off). I know when I read the book a lot of things shocked me leading to the climax of the novel. SPOILERS: Like for one, I couldn't believe that Severus Snape had such a love for Lily Potter as he did. For a second... I thought the book was gonna get all Star Wars like and be like "'Harry... I am your father,' Snape said as he took his last breath"... but it didn't. But to find out how much Snape really was good and that he really did care about Harry was intriguingly interesting. I gained a whole new respect for Snape *tears up*, lol.  The epic battle between Harry and Voldemort was also another fav of mine in the book. It was also well executed in the film I was very pleased. And to be quite honest, the "19 years later..." scene was probably the one I anticipated the most, and it was also done greatly of course. Harry and Ginny married with their three children, Hermione and Ron with their daughter and son. It was all wonderful. SPOILERS END. And I can't complete the this review without giving a big round of applause to Alexandre Desplat. His score for the film was absolutely phenomenal!

OK, I hate to do it again... but Harry Potter is never getting a bad review from me.

That being said, I give Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part I: ★★★★★ 5 out of 5 stars

The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.


No comments:

Post a Comment