Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Movie Reviews: Abduction (2011)

Nathan Price (Taylor Lautner) in Abduction

Abduction (2011) is a thriller starring Taylor Lautner as Nathan Price, a young man who finds out his parents aren't really his parents when he finds his baby picture on a missing person's website. He becomes determined to find out the truth and uncover his past.


The Script was written by Shawn Christensen and Jeffery Nachmanoff and the film was release September 23, 2011.

Apparently, the script was bought from Shawn Christensen by Lionsgate in 2010 with Taylor Lautner attached to the film. The film is being directed by John Singleton. When a more detailed synopsis is released I will post more info. The film stars the following cast:

THE CAST

Taylor Lautner as Nathan Price
Sigourney Weaver as Dr. Bennett
Maria Bello as Mara
Lily Collins as Karen Lowell
Alfred Molina as Frank Burton
Micheal Nyqvist as Viktor Kozlow
Jason Isaacs as Kevin

SYNOPSIS

What would you do if you found your own picture on a missing persons website? Teen Nathan (Taylor Lautner) finds himself facing this very dilemma. Setting out to uncover his real identity, Nathan quickly learns his parents are far from who they say they are. When the police, government agents and shadowy figures start to pursue him, Nathan’s quest for the truth erupts into a full-blown “Bourne”-like man-on-the-run thriller.

TRAILER


MY THOUGHTS

OK... I guess I shouldn't have expected an extremely awesome action film that I'd want to watch over and over again because of it's awesomeness (like Bourne Identity), but still, I expected better. It wasn't so much the acting, but how the story unfolded and how so many questions were left unanswered (not like there's gonna be an Abduction sequel... I hope not). I do have to commend Taylor Lautner for venturing away from The Twilight Saga to prevent from forever being labeled the "half naked shirtless werewolf hottie from Twilight." I actually really like Taylor Lautner as an actor, it's just some of the movies he's been in haven't done him justice. Abduction was one of those movies where you are sitting on edge of your set the entire movie until it reaches it's climax... then you retract and become disappointed. As I said early, this movie leaves several questions unanswered that should have been as the plot unfold. SPOILERS: Like did anyone ever get why Nathan's dad took the cell phone with encrypted codes from Viktor Kozlow?............... anybody?............. chime in anytime.............. somebody?............ nobody?................. forget it. Or the cropped picture... they never figured that out or mentioned it again. And why would a picture of him be cropped at age six if by that time he was with Mara and Kevin? He was put under their care when he was like two right? RIGHT? Anyway, the other thing I was totally disappointed about was Nathan and Karen's almost sex scene. Not that I'm a pervert... cause I'm not, but why did they stop and Karen say "We should get some food"... really? OK... you about to have sex on a train and all of a sudden, you realize you haven't eaten in forever and you're hungry? Alright, sure. But maybe they are waiting for Taylor Lautner to turn twenty one before his first REAL sex scene in a movie... he's still a teenager. SPOILERS END. Any who, like I said the movie wasn't all bad, it had it's moments, but it wasn't amazing either. Abduction was just... OK. Taylor Lautner, I have faith someday you will make an amazing Action thriller that will knock people's socks off, but for now... um, yeah.

Anyway, Abduction is getting a bias review from me because I like Taylor Lautner, but it's not that bias because I'm still rating the film accordingly. 

That being said, I give Abduction★★★★★ 3 out of 5 stars

"If I was adopted, why would my picture show up on a missing persons website?"

No comments:

Post a Comment