Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Funhouse Trilogy

Copyright © 2010 of James Pettis, III

The Funhouse Trilogy is an interesting series I came up with about a year ago. I can't really remember how the idea came to me, but all I remember is finding clown music on iTunes by a group called Virgil (The album is titled "Klown" and is the music I listen to while writing this series) which inspired it. This series consists of the following three stories: The Funhouse, The Funhouse 2: The Freekual, and The Funhouse 3: What Clowns Are Made Of. This series is mainly about a sadistic clown named Freeky who abducts young men (I know it's kinda crazy, but it's an idea I got :D). I went back and forth on whether I would write The Funhouse due to it's strange storyline, but it wouldn't stop coming to me so I gave in; and with it I made two other ideas creating my first Trilogy (the other stories will have their own archives soon). The Funhouse Trilogy will also be getting it's own page.

Five Friends, Kevin, Alex, Darell, Reggie, and Franklin are all going through difficult times as they grow into adulthood. Kevin is struggling with an addiction with cigarettes (after his mother overdosed on drugs), Alex just got out of rehab (after trying to commit suicide), Franklin's brother and mother just got killed by his father, and Darell and Reggie are needing work after Darell quits his job and Reggie moves in with him (due to his parents nasty divorce). But when the two mysteriously get hired at the Funhouse that has come to town, they get suspicious. They receive three free tickets and invite their friends to the Funhouse as guests while they work only to find themselves in the strange grasp of sadistic clown Freeky. As they all begin to vanish one by one, they must escape the Funhouse or become Freeky's next victims.

This is a gist of the first film (It will have it's own archive as well). Though this series is a little strange, it has been fun to write. It's not only about the clown, but it's about five (guy) friends that stick together and help each other through thick and thin. Stayed tuned for more about the Funhouse and short stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment