Monday, September 13, 2010

Alex In Wonderland Series

Copyright © 2009 of James Pettis, III

Alex in Wonderland is one of my most favorite series. I was inspired when I was seventeen and about to turn eighteen in two weeks. I didn't want to because I felt that as soon as you turn eighteen your not aloud to make mistakes. "Your an adult now," people say, "act like one." That upset me and I wasn't ready for those kind of attitudes from people. So then I ran across Lewis Carrol's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and it sparked this series in me. Alice is basically trying to find herself in the mist of this crazy world full of songs, poems, and rhymes. I felt like that was what I was doing. This Series consists of four movies: Alex in Wonderland, Alex Through The Looking-Glass, Alex in Nightmareland, and Return To Wonderland. The Alex in Wonderland Series will be getting it's own page.

Alex Pitts is seventeen and does not want to turn eighteen because he knows it's the first step of becoming an adult. Alex avoids his own birthday party that was thrown for him by his family and friends and goes to a wooded area far away from his house. Once he's away, Alex encounters a white rabbit that leads him to a rabbit hole which takes him to a world beyond his imagination... Wonderland.

Alex in Wonderland is another series that I love a lot. It is dear to me because Alex is so much like me. This series has Christian values and talks heavily on the issues of becoming an adult (in the first two stories). Stay tuned for short stories, poems, riddles, and random rhymes from the Alex in Wonderland Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment