Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Movie Reviews: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part I (2010)

Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe) and Hermione Granger (Emma Watson) in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part I

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part I (2010) is Part I of the closing chapter in the multimillion series Harry Potter. It covers Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger as they search for and destroy Voldemort's Horcuxes.

The Script was written by Steve Kloves and the film was directed by David Yates. The film is based on the book Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling. The film was released on November 19th, 2010.

THE CAST

Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter
Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley
Emma Watson as Hermione Granger
Ralph Fiennes as Lord Voldemort
Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange
Jason Isaacs as Lucius Malfoy
Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy
Alan Rickman as Severus Snape

SYNOPSIS

Voldemort's power is growing stronger. He now has control over the Ministry of Magic and Hogwarts. Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger decide to finish Dumbledore's work and find the rest of the Horcruxes to defeat the Dark Lord. It is up to the trio to find the Horcruxes and stop Voldemort once and for all.

TRAILER


MY THOUGHTS

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part I exceeded all of my expectations! I absolutely loved the book and was looking forward to the final chapter of the series being brought to the big screen. Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson have also definitely upped their game in the final installment. I could feel every emotion portrayed by them, including the other characters. Another thing I loved was the ending, it was left off where I thought it was going to stop at. SPOILERS: I thought it was going to end when Bellatrix threw her knife through Dobby's warp hole. I was so sad he got killed though (even though I knew he was going to die after reading the book). But the film ended with Voldemort breaking into Dumbledore's Tumbstone and stealing the Elder Wand. SPOILERS END. Anyway, out of all of the movies I saw in 2010, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part I was by far the best film (which is way I had to do a review of it in 2011, lol).

That being said, I give Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part I: ★★★★★ 5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment