Monday, January 3, 2011

My Movie Reviews: TRON Legacy (2010)

Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund) and Quorra (Olivia Wilde) in TRON Legacy

TRON Legacy is a sequel to the 1982 science fiction film TRON and covers the life after Kevin Flynn is mysteriously disappears and how his son Sam Flynn travels to the Grid to save his father.

Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis wrote the script for the sequel and it was said that Jeff Bridges brought Bernie Glassman and a Zen Buddhist on to the project to consult on the story and add spiritual subtext; While Joseph Kosinski, makes his feature film directorial debut.

THE CAST

Jeff Bridges as Kevin Flynn
Garrett Hedlund as Sam Flynn
Olivia Wilde as Quorra
Bruce Boxleitner as Alan Bradley
 Michael Sheen as Castor
 James Frain as Jarvis
Daft Punk as two DJ programs at Castor's End of Line Club
Beau Garrett as Gem, one of four programs known as Sirens
Yaya DaCosta, Serinda Swan, and Elizabeth Mathis as the other three Sirens

SYNOPSIS

Sam Flynn, the tech-savvy 27-year-old son of Kevin Flynn, looks into his father's disappearance and finds himself in the same world of fierce programs and gladiatorial games where his father has been living for 20 years, The Grid. Along with a program named Quorra, Kevin and Sam embark on a journey across a cyber universe that has become far more advanced and exceedingly dangerous.



MY THOUGHTS

Yes you all, I'm doing another movie review on a film from 2010 (but it will be the last, I think). TRON Legacy was yet another great movie to end 2010 and I was greatly impressed. Garrett Hedlund and Jeff Bridges were a great combination for Kevin and Sam Flynn, respectfully. I was also in aw when watching the the film and I realized that they used Jeff Bridges for his younger self and CLU. I didn't know digital technology was so sophisticated. Another thing that shock me was how awesome the Sirens were. While watching the film I was like "those Sirens are awesome... HEY! That's Yaya too!" I was so amped about this film everything was awesome; the costumes, the light cycles, the disc wars, the music... oh God, don't get me started on the music. I was smiling so hard when I found out Daft Punk (an awesome techno band) was going to be conducting the score. I love Daft Punk! Sorry, anyway... for those of you that saw TRON when you were younger, are into computer tech stuff, or is just a nerd... you should understand my excitement. I was a little dissatisfied with the ending though; SPOILERS: I didn't want Sam's dad to die... I wanted him to LIVE!!!!! But atleast Quorra got to go to the real world in the end with Sam SPOILERS END; (but I didn't write the script, therefore it doesn't matter, lol). But over all, without completely boring you with cyber techno talk, TRON Legacy was a great film and is a must see for fans of the first installment and for those who are into techno stuff (yes, I know Walt Disney made it... get over it!).

That being said, I give TRON Legacy:  ★★★★★ 5 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I totally agreed after I saw this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And yes TRON Legacy was a really great film!

    ReplyDelete